Thursday, February 9, 2012

Movies & date nights

I was so excited to get my mail today - in it was a movie I have been waiting for!! One of my favorite movies- possibly ever! Know what it was? Lady & the Tramp. It has been *ages* since I watched it (owning it on VHS but no longer having a player kind of had an impact...). Anyway, now that it's out on BluRay, I HAD to have it! Call it an early Valentine's Day present. I had to put it in right away & start watching it with my family (I didn't really give them an option).

While driving through Kansas today, I decided I really needed to have a date night with each of my kids. It's been a long time since I've done that & now seems like the perfect time. 

Starting this weekend, Porridge Papers (a fantastic business here in Lincoln) is doing their annual Love on the Run. You can find more details here: http://www.facebook.com/events/161838283918579/   They are doing a special Ladies night on Friday. They are going to have a photo booth, dj, & other fun "girly" stuff there. It's a fantastic idea ~ you can type a little note on an old typewriter, stick it in a bottle, & it will be HAND DELIVERED to your valentine! I think E would have a blast & that it will be perfect for our "date."

My husband teaches confirmation at our church, & E happens to be in the class this year. They have a learning day scheduled for Saturday. Perfect!! I can take A on our "date" then ( & since it's my only day off this week, that will be a nice thing to do). Not sure on where we will go or what we will do yet (I have a feeling it may involve Chuck E Cheese or something of the like)... 

Now I just need to get a date night set with my hubby (the last one was cancelled thanks to all of our snow)!

Do you do date nights with your kids? Any special plans for Valentine's Day? I'd love to hear them!!

1 comment:

  1. Your date with E sounds like it's going to be awesome!
    I'm still bummed about the adult date night being snowed out! We will have to reschedule.

    ReplyDelete